Private Fleet Article in Logistics Management
|For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC, (703) 838-8876
|For Immediate Release
September 20, 2012
HERNDON, VA – Twenty-four private fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standards against their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The award, co-sponsored by Navistar, Inc., was presented at a ceremony that took place in conjunction with NPTC’s National Safety Conference, September 13-14.
"These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service," according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
- Community service
This year's National Driver All-Stars are:
- Ronald Hake, ADM Trucking, Inc.
- Kenneth Wasiewicz, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Benjamin Moore & Company
- Mark Murphy, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC
- Daniel Quinn, Castellini Group of Companies
- Troy Tarvin, CVS/Caremark
- Kevin McCusker, Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Clinton Glover, Centerline Drivers, LLC assigned to GAF Materials Corp.
- Matthew Strickland , CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Hospira, Inc.
- Dana Alitz, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to John Deere & Company
- Charles Hartley, Kraft Foods, Inc.
- Steven Martin, Maines Paper & Food Service
- Freddie Spivey, Marathon Petroleum Company LP
- Gary Pugh, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Moen, Incorporated
- Joshua Luebke, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to NAPCO
- James K. Walker, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to National Gypsum Co.
- Terry Medill, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to North West Foods
- John Michael Dunbar, Orscheln Farm & Home, LLC
- Dennis Loar, Shenandoah's Pride Dairy/Dean Foods
- Dean Sweinhart, Contract Transportation System/Sherwin Williams
- Leonardo Montes-Corral, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Toyota Quality Parts Express
- Robert Akey, True Value Company
- Jerrold Fecio, Upstate Niagara Cooperative
- Gary Knappenberger, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Walgreen Oshkosh, Inc.
- Bob Aukamp, Wenger Feeds, Inc.
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America's top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Conference and Trade Show, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org.