Dear CTP Colleague:
What an exciting year 2012 has been for the CTP program. The 2012 Private Fleet Management Institute had more than 80 participants, and 69 individuals became new CTPs. To date, nearly 900 people have earned the right to add CTP after their name. The CTP program continues to be a cornerstone of the NPTC and NPTC Institute. However, without the support and knowledge of many CTPs around the country, the success of these programs would not have been realized.
By earning your Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) designation, you joined a group of transportation professionals who have made the commitment to the private fleet industry, to an ongoing pursuit of career advancement, and to continuous enhancement of the necessary knowledge and skills. You should feel proud of the accomplishment you have achieved for both yourself and your company and a designation you will want to keep for your entire career.
In order to maintain your certification in the program, there are several points you must remember:
• CTPs must still recertify every three (3) years
• 50 recertification points must be earned during the 3-year period
• A Recertification Application need only be filed once during the 3-year period to register recertification points or may be filed annually — it is no longer required that you file every year by January 31
• Recertification Applications are available for completion online via the NPTC website
On an annual basis, CTPs are invoiced $100 to maintain active status. Aside from the prestige of holding the industry's highest certification achievement, CTPs receive:
• The NPTC Weekly Email Update, a timely, comprehensive summary of current legislative and regulatory issues that affect private fleets
• More educational programs that reach beyond your current level of achievement and allow for continued advancement
• Increased opportunities for networking with fellow CTPs
• Access to our Training and Certification specialist to answer all questions relating to private fleet operations
CTPs were invoiced for the annual CTP fee in early December 2012. You can now pay your $100 CTP annual fee online .
Please do not hesitate to contact the NPTC Institute (
) or myself with any questions.
J. Bedford Monday, CTP