Dear CTP Colleague:
What an exciting year 2016 has been for the CTP program. The 2016 Private Fleet Management Institute had 100 participants, and 59 individuals became new CTPs. To date, more than 1,150 individuals have earned the right to add CTP after their name. The CTP program continues to be a cornerstone of the NPTC and NPTC Institute. However, without the support and knowledge of many CTPs around the country, the success of these programs would not have been realized.
By earning your Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) designation, you joined a group of transportation professionals who have made the commitment to the private fleet industry, to an ongoing pursuit of career advancement, and to continuous enhancement of the necessary knowledge and skills. You should feel proud of the accomplishment you have achieved for both yourself and your company and a designation you will want to keep for your entire career.
In order to maintain your certification in the program, there are several points you must remember:
• CTPs must recertify every three (3) years;
• 50 recertification points must be earned during the 3-year period (to check your current point balance and recertification year cycle, click here);
• A Recertification Application need only be filed once during the 3-year period to register recertification points or may be filed annually; and,
• Recertification Applications are available for completion online here (for a matrix of opportunities to earn points, click here).
On an annual basis, CTPs are invoiced $100 to maintain active status. Aside from the prestige of holding the industry's highest certification achievement, CTPs receive:
• The NPTC Weekly Email Update, a timely, comprehensive summary of current legislative and regulatory issues that affect private fleets
• More educational programs that reach beyond your current level of achievement and allow for continued advancement
• Increased opportunities for networking with fellow CTPs
• Access to our Training and Certification specialist to answer all questions relating to private fleet operations
CTPs are invoiced individually each December for the annual $100 CTP recertification fee. While your company may pay your annual $100 fee, ultimately you are responsible for payment of this fee as the certification is a personal designation. You can pay your $100 CTP annual fee online here.
) or myself with any questions.
Mari Roberts, CTP