Scholarship recipients are awarded the following:
* A waiver of the CTP Examination fee (a $195 value).
* A complimentary registration for the five-day Fleet Management Institute (a $2,050 value).
* A complimentary registration for the one-day CTP examination preparation workshop in January (a $330 value).
To apply for a CTP scholarship, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements. Candidates must:
* Be a fleet member in good standing of the National Private Truck Council (NPTC).
*Currently be employed in a fleet management position.
* Have at least five-years of fleet management experience.
* Be able to fully participate in all offerings included in the CTP Scholarship.
The NPTC Institute Board of Governors has established the criteria on which all decisions are based. All scholarship candidates must submit the following:
* A resume which demonstrates the candidate's:
o History of accomplishments
o Active participation in transportation/logistics organizations
o A continuing pursuit of knowledge and learning
o Participation in community service or volunteer organizations
* Two letters of recommendation from a member of the National Private Truck Council or from management personnel within the candidate's company who are familiar with the candidate's job performance.
* An original essay of not less than 300 words answering the question, "Why I Want a Certified Transportation Professional® (CTP) Scholarship?"
To be considered for a CTP scholarship, eligible candidates must complete and return their scholarship application and documentation to NPTC by September 1 each year. Scholarship recipients are notified by September 30.
Click here for the CTP Scholarship Application .