What are the steps to earn and maintain a CTP designation?
- $495/members; $595/non-members — Due October 1
- Note that the Eligibility Application is valid for a period of 2 years. Should your workload and/or responsibilities change, you have the option to sit for the Examination the following year. You need not submit another Eligibility Application. All applications are non-refundable and are not transferable.
2) Register for the CTP Exam
- $195/members; $295/non-members — By November 15
- Applicants will receive a link to register for the CTP Exam once your Eligibility has been approved.
To submit your CTP® Eligibility Application, you must first achieve at least 600 certification points earned through fleet management/supplier experience, formal education, active participation in the fleet/transportation community, and your continued pursuit of education.
Fleet/Transportation Management Experience: A minimum of 500 certification points must be earned through professional fleet management/ supplier experience. You can earn 100 certification points for each year of fleet/transportation management or supplier experience that you have.
General Management Experience: Earn an additional 50 points for one to five years of general management experience; 100 points for six or more years of general management experience.
Formal Education: Earn up to 300 certification points (50 points for an Associates degree; 100 points for a Bachelor’s degree; 200 points for a Master’s degree; and 300 points for a Doctorate).
College Courses: Earn 45 points for each college course (in the areas of business, systems, transportation or logistics) successfully completed (grade “C” or better) in the past three years, for a total not to exceed 180 points.
Continuing Education: Earn certification points for participation in NPTC continuing education programs during the past three years:
- Annual Education/Management Conference = 25 points
- Annual Private Fleet Management Institute = 45 points
- National Safety Conference = 20 Points
- CTP Examination Preparation Workshop = 15 points
Leadership: Earn 15 certification points for each non-company transportation-related committee, board, or subcommittee on which you actively participate.
Industry Participation: Earn certification points through non-company transportation-related industry participation and contributions:
- Transportation-related speaking engagement = 15 points
- Transportation-related published work = 15 points
- Attendance at transportation-related educational program = 10 points
Transportation Recognition: Earn 25 points for each non-company transportation-related recognition award received (safety award, vehicle graphics, fleet executive of the year, etc.)
Deadline for receipt of application and fee is October 1.
“Nothing gives you an overall challenge in one fell swoop as does the CTP Program.”
Randy Maddox, CTP
Oldcastle Building Products