The NPTC Institute's Private Fleet Management Institute in Jacksonville is a five-day intensive educational program offering courses on Fleet Finance, Operations, Legal, Regulatory and Safety Compliance, Human Resources, Maintenance and Equipment. For 2016, the PFMI is scheduled for January 16-20 at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel.
The program has been revised and updated to meet the demanding needs of today's private fleet professional. It's also an excellent resource for those studying to take the CTP Examination scheduled for February each year at some 40 locations across the country.
Professional Development Points: 45
Here's what attendees from previous years had to say about the PFMI:
• "The Private Fleet Management Institute was absolutely instrumental in broadening my horizons. On the job, it’s too easy to get locked into doing things the way we’ve always done it. I learned more in one week than I could have imagined. I came back with 27 pages of action items that will improve my fleet’s value.
• I have been in the transportation business for 13 years. In doing so, I have attended 30 or so trade shows (ATA, TCA, TMC, etc.) and their associated learning sessions. Those events were all well done, but the learning experience at this week's NPTC Institute you conducted was by far the best I have ever attended. The speakers, events, facility, learning activities, homework assignments, food, and fun were all excellent and I wanted to offer my congratulations and appreciation to you.
• Very informative; The Institute FAR exceeded my expectations. Most of all I have enough notes, contacts, and solutions to make a difference for my location at all my locations.
• Outstanding program - excellent opportunity to expand one's knowledge and network. The program was very professional, valuable, and important. There was absolutely "no fat," – it was all down to the bone! There was real passion for the professionals in our industry.
• I thought the information was put together in a good order and presented well. This information was deep and gave all a better understanding of the transportation industry. • A "must attend" for all fleet related managers who want to improve.
• Working with and learning from a wide variety of transportation professionals was very valuable to me. The things I learned here will translate into making my "brand" more valuable and therefore lead to future career success.
• This is an outstanding program that provides information in all areas of the fleet. Each speaker provided outstanding information and had the knowledge that they were speaking about as well as had passion about their topics. I was not bored! This should be a requirement for all the fleet managers or transportation managers."