For Immediate Release
May 9, 2007
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Announces Board of Directors
Indianapolis, IN – Five newly elected fleet members and one newly elected allied member took their seats on the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) Board of Directors during the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 29-May 1 in Indianapolis, IN.
The new fleet members include: Ralph Benson of Sentinel Transportation, LLC, Richard J. Chavez of Nestle Waters North America; William E. Perry, CTP, CDS of Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.; Mike Pughes, CTP of General Parts, Inc./CARQUEST; and Daniel P. Smith of Smart and Final. Donald K. Metcalf of Penske Truck Leasing Company was elected as the Third Party Provider Division representative.
NPTC Board of Directors includes:
• Chairman of NPTC, Harry J. Haney III of Kraft Foods
• Vice Chair/Chair-Elect – Ron D. Tartt, CTP of Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC
• Treasurer – Michael P. Parrish of PACCAR Leasing Company
• Secretary and one of the three Heavy Duty Division representatives Rick Foster, CDS of Wal-Mart Transportation, LLC
• Ralph Benson of Sentinel Transportation, LLC is Chair of the Conference Planning Committee
• Robert J. Boyich of CPC Logistics Inc. is the Allied Small Volume Supplier Division representative
• Richard J. Chavez of Nestle Waters North America is one of the three Heavy Duty Division representatives.
• Kevin Connors, CTP of ConAgra Foods, Inc. is one of the two Medium & Light Duty Division representatives
• David R. Ellis of J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is the National Advisory Board – Allied representative
• John Hinton of Harris Teeter, Inc. is one of the three Heavy Duty Division representatives
• Tony Jolly, CTP of General Mills is the Third Party User Division representative
• David T. LaPalomento of International Truck and Engine Corporation is the Allied Large Volume Supplier Division representative
• Donald K. Metcalf of Penske Truck Leasing Company is the Third Party Provider Division representative
• Greg Mathein of Senco Products, Inc. is Chair of the Membership Committee
• William E. Perry, CTP, CDS of Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. is one of the two Medium & Light Duty Division representatives
• Mike Pughes, CTP of General Parts, Inc./CARQUEST is Chair of the Legislative and Regulatory Advisory Committee
• Daniel P. Smith of Smart and Final is Chair of the PR/Marketing Committee
• Gary L. Strausbaugh, CTP of Mennell Milling Company is Chair of the NPTC Institute Board of Governors
• Greg Whisenant, CTP of Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is Chair of the Safety Committee
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. NPTC is the premier marketplace of information, networking and skill building for private fleet professionals as it leads in shaping the future of corporate transportation.