For Immediate Release
June 19, 2008
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Announces National Safety Conference
Arlington, VA – The National Private Truck Council (NPTC) will hold its sixth annual National Safety Conference September 11-12, 2008 at the Hyatt Dulles in Herndon, VA., near Dulles International Airport, just outside of Washington, D.C.
“Private fleets have earned a reputation for unsurpassed safety excellence,” said Greg Whisenant, CTP, Transportation Safety Manager for Shaw Industries Group, Inc. and Chair of the NPTC Safety Committee. “Programs such as the National Safety Conference – during which subject matter experts from throughout the industry share their insights, best practices, and winning strategies – are one of the reasons why.”
This highly acclaimed conference features a unique format of presentations, discussions with key government representatives, expert panels and leading safety advocates and practitioners – all designed to provide attendees with insights into implementing strategic safety programs and lowering the cost of risk.
The program will focus on the following topics:
- Safety, Liability and the Private Fleet: An inside look at how a private fleet’s exposure to liability compares to that of outside carriers.
- Regulatory Update: A look at pending government regulations impacting the safety of the private fleet.
- Safety Leadership: A case study on the benefits of establishing a culture of safety and infusing safety into the hiring process.
- Predictive Modeling: Record-keeping and retention policies and other strategies that identify risks.
- Understanding Safety Inspections: A federal government inspector’s view of safety with a concentration on compliance issues affecting the private fleet.
- The Role of Maintenance: Maintenance and safety are inextricably linked and this session details an effective, hands-on approach to improve driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIRs).
- Driver Wellness Programs: How one company improved safety by making drivers accountable for maintaining healthy lifestyles.
- Safety Technology Review: Case studies in implementation from the perspective of the users, the suppliers and the federal government.
- Defensive Driving Refresher Training: The benefits of a structured and strategic approach to effective decision making behind the wheel.
- Integrating Simulators into Training: How private fleet managers can take advantage of new simulator technologies to improve driver training and, ultimately, Safety.
- Enhancing Safety and Security: An in-depth look at the lessons learned from 9/11 and the impact on private fleet operations today.
For more information about the National Safety Conference, visit NPTC’s website at www.nptc.org.
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. NPTC is the premier marketplace of information, networking and skill building for private fleet professionals as it leads in shaping the future of corporate transportation.
# # #