For Immediate Release
April 29, 2010
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Elects New Leaders, Board of Directors
Arlington, VA – Rick Foster, CDS, Director, Private Fleet Safety for Wal-Mart Transportation LLC in Bentonville, AR took his seat as Chair of the National Private Truck Council at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 18-20, 2010 in Cincinnati, OH. He succeeds Ron Tartt, CTP, General Manager, Private Fleet for Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC.
A 38-year veteran of the transportation industry with experience in both common carrier and private carrier environments, Foster has experience in many levels of trucking operations and safety management. Currently Director-Private Fleet Safety with Wal-Mart Transportation, he has previous experience managing the company’s LTL cross-docks and 3rd party consolidators nationwide. Foster started with Wal-Mart as Safety Manager in Plainview, Texas and has been in his current role for 13 years. He is a member of National Private Truck Council since 1997 and has served on the Legislative and Regulatory Review Committee since its inception. He is currently Vice-Chair, Chair-Elect of the NPTC Board of Directors. Awarded the ATA National Safety Director Award in 2005, Foster is also a member of ATA and the Safety and Loss Prevention Management Council, the Arkansas Trucking Association Safety Management Council and the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance.
Gary Strausbaugh, CTP, Vice President, Transportation for Mennel Milling Company, Fostoria, OH was elected Vice Chair/Chair-Elect and Ralph Benson, President of Sentinel Transportation, LLC, was elected Secretary. Harry Haney, Associate Director, Logistics Operations, Kraft Foods, Inc., remains as NPTC Treasurer.
In addition, the Council elected five new members to the Board. They are: Larry J. Ahlers, Vice President, Transportation, Oldcastle Architectural, Inc.; Mark Catlin, National Account Executive, J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc.; J. Bedford Monday, Jr., CTP, Logistics Manager, Schwans Logistics, LLC; Randy Perry, Fleet Safety Manager, Frito-Lay, Inc.; and Robert M. Polka, CTP, Director, Fleet Services, Utility Shared Services
The NPTC Board of Directors includes:
• Chair – Rick Foster, CDS, of Wal-Mart Transportation, LLC
• Vice Chair/Chair-Elect – Gary Strausbaugh, CTP, Vice President, Transportation for Mennel Milling Company, Fostoria, OH
• Secretary – Ralph Benson, President of Sentinel Transportation, LLC
• Treasurer – Harry Haney, Associate Director, Logistics Operations, Kraft Foods, Inc.
• Larry J. Ahlers, Vice President, Transportation, Oldcastle Architectural, Inc.
• Martha Bertrand, Transportation Manager, Spartan Stores, Inc.
• Robert J. Boyich, CTP, Vice Pres., Sales & Marketing, CPC Logistics, Inc.
• George M. Carpenter, CTP, Project Manager, WMS, Army & Air Force Exchange Svc.
• Mark Catlin, National Account Executive, J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
• Larry Dean, G.M., Corp. Transportation, NCI Group, Inc.
• Tony B. Jolly, CTP, Mgr., Dry Transp. Ops., Retail, General Mills
• Bob Mann, Vice President, Dealer Sales, Navistar, Inc.
• Donald K. Metcalf, Brand Management Leader, Penske Truck Leasing Company
• J. Bedford Monday, Jr., CTP, Logistics Manager, Schwans Logistics, LLC
• Randy Perry, Fleet Safety Manager, Frito-Lay, Inc.
• Robert M. Polka, CTP, Director, Fleet Services, Utility Shared Services
• Michael A. Pughes, CTP, Corp. Dir., Traffic/Logistics, General Parts, Inc./CARQUEST
• Sam Richardson, AVP, Operations & Safety, ADM Trucking, Inc.
• Edward A. Welch, CTP, Director of Purchasing, Perdue Farms, Inc.
# # #
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. NPTC is the premier marketplace of information, networking and skill building for private fleet professionals as it leads in shaping the future of corporate transportation.
# # #