For Immediate Release
April 18, 2014
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Elects New Leaders, Board of Directors
ARLINGTON, VA – Bedford Monday, CTP, General Manager of Schwan Food Company, was elected Chair of the National Private Truck Council Board of Directors at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 13-15, 2014 in Cincinnati, OH.
In addition, the Council elected Bill Hartman, CTP, Fleet Director, NEP Broadcasting, as Board Vice-Chair, and Gary Strausbaugh, CTP, Vice President, The Mennel Milling Company, Secretary of the Board. Harry J. Haney, III, Associate Director of Logistics Operations for Kraft Foods Group, Inc. will continue to serve as Board Treasurer.
Four new members were seated on the Board:
- Steven Garrish, Senior Director, Private Fleet Safety, Wal-Mart Transportation, LLC
- Brian McLaughlin, President, PeopleNet
- Mari Roberts, CTP, Director, Network Optimization, Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Douglas J. Sanford, CTP, Vice President, Distribution, The Britt Hunt Company
The NPTC Board of Directors also includes:
- Mike D. Breeden, Executive Director of National Accounts, Cummins Inc.
- Carol Heinowski, Private Fleet Manager, Meijer, Inc.
- Brian Holley, CTP, Director of Transportation, Whiteline Express, Ltd.
- Tony B. Jolly, CTP, Manager, Dry Transportation Operations, Retail, General Mills
- Keric Kennedy, CTP, Chief Operating Officer, Idealease of North America
- Joe Laskowski, CTP, Safety & Compliance Manager, MedTrans
- Mike Lickert, CTP, Corporate Fleet Manager, Talon Logistics, Inc.
- Rick Linville, President, Custard Insurance Adjusters
- Keith McWilliams, CTP, Regional Transportation Director, Kellogg Company
- Tom Nartker, Vice President, Transportation, Safeway, Inc.
- Daniel D. Norris, CTP, Fleet Operations Manager, Pepsi Beverages Company
- Gary Palmer, Senior Director, Transportation, True Value Company
- Gary F. Petty, President & CEO, National Private Truck Council
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Conference and Trade Show, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at nptc.org.