For Immediate Release
May 15, 2020
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Elects Representatives to Board of Directors and NPTC Institute Board of Governors
ARLINGTON, VA – Mike Schwersenska, CTP, Director of Transportation/Logistics, Brakebush Transportation, Inc. has been elected Chair of the NPTC Board of Directors. He replaces outgoing Board Chair Carol Heinowski, Logistics Manager, Safety and Compliance, Meijer, Inc.
Mike has been in the transportation industry for more than 20 years. He has been with Brakebush Transportation since 1999 where he started in operations and was promoted to Fleet Manager a year later. In 2014, Mike was named Director of Transportation/Logistics where he oversees all North American outbound/inbound transportation operations, carrier performance, and rate and service negotiations. He is responsible for implementing
strategies to increase productivity, quality customer service, and cost-saving efficiencies. Under Mike’s leadership, Brakebush has received national recognition for their work on network optimization, brokerage and spec’ing for fuel savings. Mike received his Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) in 2014 and is a member of the NPTC Institute Board of Governors as well.
Also elected as NPTC officers were:
- VICE CHAIR – Chuck Amen, CTP, Corporate Transportation Operations Manager, Hillyard, Inc.
- TREASURER – Bedford Monday, CTP, Director of Warehouse Operations, The Schwan Food Company
- SECRETARY – David Barth, CTP, Transportation Area Manager, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
The newly elected members seated on the Board of Directors were:
- MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE CHAIR – Randy Maddox, CTP, Local Category Manager, Mobile Equipment, CRH, Americas Materials, South Division, Oldcastle Building Products
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING COMMITTEE CHAIR – Scott Willert, President, America’s Service Line, LLC
- SAFETY COMMITTEE CHAIR – Scott Duvall, CTP, Regional Supervisor of Driver Operations, MedTrans LLC
- ANNUAL CONFERENCE PLANNING COMMITTEE CHAIR – Troy Kays, CTP, Sr. Manager, Corporate Transportation Safety & Compliance, Trans Papa Logistics – Papa Johns
Re-elected to a second, two-year term were: Lewis Allen, CTP, Director, Fleet Operations, Aaron’s, Inc.; Luann Dunkerley, Sales Leader – NE Territory, The CEI Group, Inc.; Brian Johnston, CTP, Sr. Director of Transportation, Core-Mark International; Robert Larsen, Sr. Director, Research & Development, J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.; Robert Mann, Vice President and Assistant General Manager, Vocational Business, International Truck/Navistar, Inc.; and Larry Ogg, CTP, Director of Logistics, Universal Forest Products, Inc.
They join existing board members: Keith Frantz, CTP, DOT Compliance Manager, ADM Trucking, Inc.; Paul Miller, CTP, Director of Transportation, Merchants Distributors; Mari Roberts, CTP, Senior Director of Transportation, Frito-Lay, Inc.; Rosemary Schaffer, CTP, Director, Non-Profit Business, Penske Truck Leasing Company; and Pat Toler, CTP, Director of Freight & Warehousing, T. Marzetti Company.
Leaving the NPTC Board and thanked for their years of service were:
- OUTGOING BOARD CHAIR AND CHAIR OF THE SAFETY COMMITTEE – Carol Heinowski, Logistics Manager, Safety and Compliance, Meijer, Inc.
- ANNUAL CONFERENCE PLANNING COMMITTEE CHAIR – Erle Bergstrom, Jr., CTP, Transportation/Fleet Manager, Orscheln Farm and Home, LLC
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING COMMITTEE CHAIR – Meghan Chan, CTP, Fleet Safety & Compliance Manager, Mondelez International LLC
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org