For Immediate Release
September 21, 2010
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Recognizes 14 National Driver All-Stars
Herndon, VA – Fourteenprivate fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standardsagainst their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service,safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and communityservice have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) asNational Driver All-Stars. The ceremony took place in conjunction with thegroup’s National Safety Conference earlier this month.
“Thesedrivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heartof what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels ofcustomer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They areambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleetcommunity. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meetinghigh performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety andcompliance.”
NPTCinitiated the National Driver All-Stars program last year to recognize those driversof NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their owninternal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
· Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
· Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
· Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
· Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
· Community service
Thisyear's National Driver All-Stars are:
· Larry Allen, ADM Trucking, Inc.
· William Baker, Firestone Industrial Products Co.
· Glen Foede, TFE Toro Transport Express
· Daniel Gasper, Baxter Healthcare Corp.
· Bobby Mann, Hospira Worldwide, Inc.
· Ray Mertz, Marathon Petroleum Co., LLC
· John Nebbeling, Spartan Stores, Inc.
· Joseph Nemeth, Kellogg Co.
· Alvin Redd, CVS Transportation, LLC
· Steve Royse, Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
· Wayne Schutte, Batesville Casket Co.
· Chris Trice, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC
· Jeffrey Van Buren, Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.
· Charlie Winstead, Frito-Lay, Inc.
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. NPTC is the premier marketplace of information, networking and skill building for private fleet professionals as it leads in shaping the future of corporate transportation.
# # #