For Immediate Release
September 20, 2017
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Recognizes 22 National Driver All-Stars
DULLES, VA – Twenty-two private fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standards against their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The award, co-sponsored by International Truck/Navistar, Inc., was presented at a ceremony that took place in conjunction with NPTC’s National Safety Conference, September 14-15, 2017.
“These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
- Community service
This year’s National Driver All-Star honorees are:
- Gregory Banister with Walgreen Oshkosh, assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Clarence Neal Bethards with Orscheln Farm and Home, LLC
- Melvin Brownlee with Kroger Company
- Steven Buckley with Contract Transportation Systems/The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Richard Bullion with Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- John Capps with Fabri-Kal Corporation assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Samuel Carpenter with ICU Medical Fleet Services assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Danny Ferguson with CVS Health
- Jesus Fierros with Toyota Motor North America, assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- John Fournier with Marathon Petroleum Company LP
- Larry Freeman with Tennessee Valley Authority
- James Kelly with WFM Transport, Inc.
- Jerry Lafrenz with John Deere, assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Larry Large with Avery Dennison assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Mark Liddick with Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Robert Lynch with Perdue Farms, Inc.
- Alexander Niland with Core-Mark International
- Robert Perreault with Westlake Chemical Corp./North American Pipe Corp assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Wendell Ragland with Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Daniel Reid with TMH Transport, LLC
- Horace Taylor with Moen, Incorporated assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Dianna Williams with Army and Air Force Exchange Service
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Conference and Trade Show, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org.