For Immediate Release
October 3, 2016
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Recognizes 27 National Driver All-Stars
DULLES, VA – Twenty-seven private fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standards against their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The award, co-sponsored by International Truck/Navistar, Inc., was presented at a ceremony that took place in conjunction with NPTC’s National Safety Conference, September 15-16, 2016.
“These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
- Community service
This year’s National Driver All-Stars are:
- Edward “Bo” Baker, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc.
- Jim Bennett, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC
- Lauren Keith Brown, Marathon Petroleum Company LP
- Marlin Brown, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Hospira, Inc.
- Cortez Chapman, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Moen, Incorporated
- Douglas Cobb, Meijer, Inc.
- Demetrius Collins, ADM Trucking, Inc.
- Jason Duffy, Brakebush Transportation, Inc.
- Steve Dutton, Orscheln Farm and Home, LLC
- Niles Frantz, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Walgreen Oshkosh, Inc.
- Kenneth Grogan, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- James Hockenberry, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to North American Pipe Corp.
- Daniel Jewell, Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Fred List, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Avery Dennison
- Raymond Martin, WFM Transport, Inc.
- George Newman, Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Kenneth Pfohl, Kellogg Company
- Peter Phillips, CVS Health
- Carl Reifsnyder, Contract Transportation Systems/ The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Jason Shay, Ralph’s Grocery Company/Kroger Company
- Michael Shea, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to John Deere
- Robert Shears, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to TMH Transport, LLC
- Dave Shurtleff, Mondelez International LLC
- Kurt Snow, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Northwest Food Products/Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
- Bradley Wacks, Army & Air Force Exchange Service
- Timothy Whitten, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Fabri-Kal Corporation
- Stephen Williams, Advance Auto Parts
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Conference and Trade Show, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org.