For Immediate Release
May 7, 2012
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
Six Elected to NPTC Institute Board of Governors
ARLINGTON, VA – Six new members were elected to the NPTC Institute Board of Governors at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 29 – May 1, 2012 in Cincinnati, OH. The NPTC Institute is a wholly-owned and operated subsidiary non-profit corporation of the National Private Truck Council. The Board of Governors oversees the research, education, training and certification arm of the NPTC.
The five new members were:
- Joseph N. Evangelist, Executive Vice President, Transervice Logistics, Inc.*
- Henry Popplewell, SVP of Sales, SkyBitz*
- William L. Showen, Senior Manager, Strategic Accounts, Eaton Corporation – Roadranger Marketing*
- James Stevenson, VP & General Manager, TMW Systems Inc.*
- Dan Umphress, Vice President, Fleet Services, Fleet Advantage*
- Neil Vonnahme, President, PACCAR Leasing Company*
The NPTC Institute Board of Governors also includes:
- Chair, J. Bedford Monday, Jr., CTP, General Manager, Schwans Consumer Brands
- Vice-Chair, Patrick R. Robinson, CTP, Driver Recruiting Manager, BCT, Inc.
- Rob Bartels, V.P., Product Management & Marketing, DriveCam, Inc.*
- Peter Borgen, Manager, Corporate Carriers Sales, C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.*
- Robert J. Boyich, CTP, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, CPC Logistics, Inc.*
- Mike D. Breeden, Executive Director-National Accounts, Cummins Inc.*
- Steven Bryan, CEO, Vigillo, LLC*
- Gary A. Ciapetta, CTP, Regional Director, Fleet Sales, Hendrickson*
- Nick Cindrich, CTP, Senior Fleet Safety Manager, CVS/Caremark
- Bill Cromling, CTP, President, Ross Transportation Services
- Luann Dunkerley, Business Development Manager, The CEI Group, Inc.*
- David R. Ellis, Dir., Corp. Business Development, J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc.*
- Tom Flies, Sr. Dir., Product Management, Qualcomm, Inc.*
- Rick Foster, CDS, Senior Director, Fleet Safety, Wal-Mart Transportation LLC*
- David R. Gadberry, CTP, Operations & Compliance Administrator, Toyota Quality Parts Express
- Harry J. Haney, Associate Director, Logistics Operations, Kraft Foods, Inc.*
- Bill Hartman, CTP, Manager, Private Fleet Operations, GNC Transportation LLC*
- Keith Hazelwood, CTP, Director of Transportation, Batesville Logistics, Inc.
- Tommy Holst, Director of Sales, PrePass*
- Garland L. Jackson, Vice President, Sales, PeopleNet*
- Samuel Johnson, Group Director, Ryder System, Inc.*
- Joel Jorgenson, Vice President, National Sales Accounts, XATA Corporation*
- Marius Karoy, Director of Business Development, Instructional Technologies*
- Keric Kennedy, CTP, Chief Operating Officer, Idealease of North America*
- Dan Laine, Director, Transportation Services, Walgreen Oshkosh, Inc.*
- Joe Laskowski, CTP, Safety & Compliance Manager, MedTrans
- Mike Lickert, CTP, Corporate Fleet Manager, Talon Logistics, Inc.*
- Brian MacKenzie, National Accounts Manager, Silver Eagle Manufacturing Co.
- Bob L. Mann, Vice President, Dealer Sales, Navistar, Inc.*
- John, Obenhaus, Director, Transport – West, Pepsi Beverages Company*
- Michael P. Parrish, CTP, National Account Manager, Volvo / Mack Leasing System*
- D. Mike Pennington, Manager, Industry Relations, Meritor, Inc.*
- William E. Perry, CTP, CDS, Safety & Compliance Specialist, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
- Michael A. Pughes, CTP, Corporate Director, Traffic/Logistics, General Parts, Inc./CARQUEST
- Brett J. Quigley, CTP, Director, Fleet Management, Heckmann Water Resources*
- Mari Roberts, CTP, Director, Network Optimization, Frito-Lay, Inc.*
- Gayle Robertson, Co-President, BOLT System*
- Delmar L. Sauer, CTP, Midwest Fleet Territory Mgr., Alcoa Wheel & Trans. Products*
- Craig Sharkey, Associate General Counsel, Logistics, Wal-Mart Transportation LLC*
- John Simourian II, President & CEO, Lily Transportation Corp.*
- Robert W. Slaughter, CTP, Director, Animal Transportation, Murphy-Brown, LLC
- Cheryl Sooter, VP, Director, Transportation Sales & Marketing, Custard Insurance Adjusters*
- Gary L. Strausbaugh, CTP, Vice President, Transportation, The Mennel Milling Company
- Ron D. Tartt, CTP, General Manager, Private Fleet, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations*
- Don Thornton, SVP, Sales, TransCore*
- Ed Welch, CTP, Director of Transportation, Perdue Farms, Inc.
*Denotes Five-Star Member
The NPTC Institute Board of Governors includes 37 Five-Star Members of NPTC. This is a special category of membership over and above the regular annual dues. The cost is $5,000 per year and is made as a charitable donation to the NPTC Institute (ITTM) which is a 501c(3) organization.
This extra level of contribution to NPTC allows the organization to provide more benefits to members without increasing their cost of participation.
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation networks. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Conference and Trade Show, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org.