For Immediate Release
May 7, 2012
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Elects New Leaders, Board of Directors
ARLINGTON, VA – Gary L. Strausbaugh, CTP, Vice President of Transportation for The Mennel Milling Company, was elected Chair of the National Private Truck Council Board of Directors at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 29 – May 1, 2012 in Cincinnati, OH.
In addition, the Council elected Bedford Monday, Jr., CTP, General Manager for Schwans Consumer Brands, Board Vice-Chair, and Rick Foster, CDS, Senior Director of Fleet Safety for Wal-Mart Transportation LLC, Secretary of the Board. Harry J. Haney, III, Associate Director of Logistics Operations for Kraft Foods, Inc. will continue to serve as Board Treasurer.
Five new members were seated on the Board:
- • Mike D. Breeden, Executive Director of National Accounts, Cummins Inc.
- • Bill Hartman, CTP, Manager of Private Fleet Operations, GNC Transportation LLC;
- • Carol Heinowski, Private Fleet Manager, Meijer, Inc.;
- • Joe Laskowski, CTP, Safety & Compliance Manager, MedTrans
- • Tom Nartker, Vice President, Transportation, Safeway, Inc.
The NPTC Board of Directors also includes:
- • Mark Catlin, National Account Executive, J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
- • David E. Helge, CTP, CDS, V.P., Maintenance & Safety, Idealease of North America.
- • Tony B. Jolly, CTP, Manager, Dry Transportation Operations, Retail, General Mills
- • Mike Lickert, CTP, Corporate Fleet Manager, Talon Logistics, Inc.
- • Daniel D. Norris, CTP, Fleet Operations Manager, Pepsi Beverages Company
- • Gary Palmer, Senior Director, Transportation, True Value Company
- • Randy Perry, CTP, Fleet Safety Manager, Frito-Lay, Inc.
- • Gary F. Petty, President & CEO, National Private Truck Council
- • Robert M. Polka, CTP, Director, Fleet Services, Lewis Tree Service, Inc.
- • Brett J. Quigley, CTP, Director, Fleet Management, Heckmann Water Resources
- • Cheryl Sooter, SVP-Director of Transportation, Custard Insurance Adjusters
- • Edward A. Welch, CTP, Director of Transportation, Perdue Farms, Inc.
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation networks. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Conference and Trade Show, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org.