For Immediate Release
May 7, 2018
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Elects Representatives to Board of Directors, Board of Governors
ARLINGTON, VA– Carol Heinowski, Logistics Manager, Safety and Compliance, Meijer, Inc., was elected Chairman of the NPTC Board of Directors at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 29-May 1, 2018 in Cincinnati, OH. She replaces Bill Hartman, CTP, Senior Fleet Manager, VF Jeanswear.
Carol joined Meijer in 2008. Prior to assuming these responsibilities in 2008, Carol was a Safety Investigator for 20 years with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration; the agency responsible for enforcement of the federal truck safety and hazardous material regulations. Duties also included training State Police, Federal Investigators and industry on Federal Hours of Service regulations. Carol received her B.A. in General Business Administration with an emphasis on economics and law at Michigan State University and holds a Supply Chain Management Certificate from Michigan State’s Graduate School of Management. In addition to her role on the Board of Directors, she also chairs the Safety Committee.
Also elected as NPTC officers were:
- Vice Chair, Mike Schwersenska, Director of Transportation/Logistics, Brakebush Transportation, Inc.
- Secretary, Chuck Amen, CTP, Corporate Transportation Operations Manager, Hillyard, Inc.
- Treasurer, Bedford Monday, CTP, Facilities Operations Manager, The Schwan Food Company
The newly elected members seated on the Board of Directors were:
- Lewis Allen, CTP, Director, Fleet Operations, Aaron’s, Inc.
- David Barth, CTP, Transportation Area Manager, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- Luann Dunkerley, Sales Leader – NE Territory, CEI Group
- Brian Johnston, CTP, Sr. Director of Transportation, Core-Mark International
- Robert Larsen, Sr. Director, Business Services Marketing, J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
- Larry L. Ogg, CTP, Director of Logistics, Universal Forest Products, Inc.
The NPTC Board of Directors also includes:
- Erle Bergstrom, Jr., CTP, Transportation/Fleet Manager, Orscheln Farm and Home, LLC.
- Meghan Chan, CTP, Fleet Safety & Compliance Manager, Mondelez International LLC
- Cameron Hafer, CTP, DOT Compliance, CMV Driver Development, Trans Papa Logistics/Papa Johns
- Robert L. Mann, Vice President and Assistant General Manager, Vocational Business, International Truck/Navistar, Inc.
- Mike Noble, Sr. Director of Fleet Safety, Walmart Transportation, LLC
- Gary Petty, President & CEO, National Private Truck Council
- Mari Roberts, CTP, Sr. Director of Transportation, Frito-Lay, Inc.
Members of the NPTC Board of Directors are: (front row left to right) Mari Roberts, CTP, Frito-Lay; Treasurer, Bedford Monday, CTP, The Schwan Food Company; Chair, Carol Heinowski, Meijer, Inc. Vice President, Mike Schwersenska, CTP, Brakebush Transportation, Inc.; Secretary, Chuck Amen, CTP, Hillyard, Inc.; Mike Noble, Walmart Transportation, LLC; and standing (from left) Cameron Hafer, CTP, Trans Papa Logistics/Papa Johns; Luann Dunkerley, CEI Group; Robert L. Mann, International Truck/Navistar, Inc.; Lewis Allen, CTP, Aarons, Inc.; David Barth, CTP, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. Erle Bergstrom, Jr., CTP, Orscheln Farm and Home, LLC;; Gary Petty, NPTC President & CEO; Brian Johnston, CTP, Core-Mark International; Robert Larsen, J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
Elected to the NPTC Institute Board of Governors were:
- Bryan Coyne, CTP, EVP/GM – North America, Trimble Transportation Mobility
- Adam Kahn, CTP, Vice President, Fleets, NetraDyne, Inc.
- Andrea Viele, CTP Group Transportation Manager, Nestlé USA
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at nptc.org.