For Immediate Release
June 22, 2021
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Honors 39 Certified Transportation Professionals® (CTP)
ARLINGTON, VA – Thirty-nine transportation professionals have achieved the prestigious designation of Certified Transportation Professional® (CTP) by the NPTC Institute, the educational and professional certification arm of the National Private Truck Council (NPTC). The CTP program is sponsored by J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. The graduation ceremony took place in conjunction with the NPTC Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition June 13-15, 2021 in Cincinnati.
Since the CTP designation was first introduced in 1993, nearly 1,500 fleet and transportation professionals have earned the right to add CTP after their name. CTPs are raising industry standards, and in turn, increasing the respect and prestige of the fleet and transportation profession.
“These new Certified Transportation Professionals have demonstrated the knowledge and ability to understand complex operational and regulatory issues, identify and evaluate potential costs and savings, and develop systems and practices that best meet their company’s transportation needs and objectives,” said Mari Roberts, CTP, Senior Director of Transportation, Frito-Lay, Inc., and Chair of the NPTC Institute Board of Governors that oversees the program. “The CTP designation is a benchmark of excellence earned by a special few, but available to any fleet or transportation specialist willing to make the necessary commitment of dedicated effort.”
Each year, FleetOwner magazine sponsors the CTP Top Graduate Award. This year’s Top Graduate was Amanda Lung, CTP, SC Fleet Senior Manager, Pepsi Beverages Company.
The following individuals represent the CTP Class of 2021:
- Mary Akhavan, CTP – FleetNet America
- Rich Belmarez, CTP – Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
- Jeremy Cathey, CTP – Valley Proteins, Inc.
- Philip Condron, CTP – Composites One LLC
- Gary Coulter, CTP – LSP Transport LLC
- Todd Flechsig, CTP – PACCAR Leasing Corporation
- Ben Freeman, CTP – ADICA Trucking LLC
- Jacob Fry, CTP – ADM Trucking, Inc.
- Luis Gonzalez, CTP – Sauder Transport Company
- Steve Gunter, CTP – Albertsons Companies
- Chris Hamilton, CTP – Omnitracs LLC
- Mark Hopkins, CTP – GAF Corp. / Hawk Logistics Solutions
- Scott Howarth, CTP – Trimble Transportation
- Marsel Hoxha, CTP – Cumberland Farms, Inc.
- Paul Hunger, CTP – Composites One LLC
- Jeffery Irwin, CTP – Walgreen Oshkosh, Inc.
- Jonathan Kester, CTP – Pepsi Beverages Co.
- James Ledbetter, CTP – Centerline Drivers, LLC
- Estefany Loza, CTP – GAF Corp. / Hawk Logistics Solutions
- Joe Maple, CTP – LSP Transport LLC
- John Micklus, CTP – Messer LLC
- Christopher Olin, CTP – Upstate Niagara Coop.
- Greg Oster, CTP – Sheetz Inc./CLI Transport, LP
- Roy Price, CTP – McKee Foods Transportation LLC
- Tremone Proctor, CTP – The Home Depot, Inc.
- Cathy Ratchford, CTP – Pepsi Beverages Company
- Tyler Raulerson, CTP – Harris Teeter, LLC
- Stephen Roberts, CTP – Allison Transmission
- Al Rocco, CTP – Oldcastle Building Products
- Shelby Romanik, CTP – Idelic
- Wilmer Sampson, CTP – Valley Proteins, Inc.
- Nicole Schubring, CTP – America’s Service Line, LLC
- Joe Shawley, CTP – Talon Logistics / Giant Eagle
- Brandon Sigmon, CTP – Oldcastle Building Products
- Christie Slattery, CTP – FleetNet America
- Juan Tijerina, CTP – PACCAR Leasing Company
- Eddie Waldrop, CTP – Blossman Gas Inc.
- Matthew Wiedmeyer, CTP – Fleet Advantage
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org
About J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is the most respected name in safety and regulatory compliance. Since its beginning as a one-man consulting firm in 1953, the company has grown to over 1,500 associates serving more than 500,000 customers — including over 90% of the Fortune 1000® companies. The company’s subject-matter expertise spans nearly 1,500 topics, and its diverse solutions include ELogs and mobile technology; training via online courses, streaming video or DVD; online management tools; managed services; consulting services; online and print publications; forms and supplies. Transportation professionals rely on J. J. Keller’s in-house expertise and wide selection of products and services to reduce risk and improve regulatory compliance, performance management, and operational efficiency. For more information, visit JJKeller.com.