For Immediate Release
May 10, 2002
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Institute Board of Governors Elects Chair, Vice Chair, Names Members
Alexandria, VA – The Board of Governors of the NPTC’s Institute for Truck Transportation Management elected Ron Tartt, CTP, as its new Chairman and Mark A. Paul, CTP as Vice Chairman and elected Aaron M. Thorsen, CTP and Patrick M. Monaco, CTP, to the board.
Mr. Tartt previously served as Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors. He is Senior Manager, Private Fleet with Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc., Nashville, TN. Mr. Paul is the President of First Fleet Corporation, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Mr. Thorsen, Director of Business Development for Ruan Transportation Management Systems, Lansing, IL, and Mr. Monaco, Senior Distribution Specialist with the United States Postal Service, Denver, CO, will both serve three-year terms.
Created over 10 years ago, the NPTC Institute is the non-profit education and certification arm of the National Private Truck Council and is designed to make the NPTC the preeminent voice of trucking management education.
Other members currently serving on the NPTC Institute Board of Governors include:
- Larry Adams, CTP, Transportation Management Specialist, United States Postal Service, Atlanta, GA
- Gerald P. Beauchamp, CTP, President, DTF Trucking, Inc., Columbia, IN
- Nola M. Combs, CTP, Transportation Coordinator, The Gates Rubber Company, Florence, KY
- David W. Holland, CTP, Director of Fleet Operations, EOTT Energy Corporation, Houston, TX
- Patti Horsley, CTP, Transportation Specialist, Coca-Cola USA Fountain, Atlanta, GA
- Jeffrey P. Jaeger, CTP, Division Operations Mgr., Dean Foods Company, Rosemont, IL
- Kris J. Kolbe, CTP, District Manager, Vanguard Services, Inc., Arlington, TX
- Michael P. Parrish, NPTC Treasurer, Medium Duty Product Marketing Manager, Kenworth Truck Company, Kirkland, WA
- Gary Petty, President & CEO, National Private Truck Council, Alexandria, VA
- Charles M. Rottmund, NPTC Chairman, Director of Fleet Safety & The National Training Center, BOC Gases, Butler, PA
- Robert W. Slaughter, CTP, Director of Maintenance, Murphy-Brown LLC, Warsaw, NC
- Byron T. Snow, CTP, Transportation Manager, SUPERVALU, Inc., Atlanta, GA
- Gary L. Strausbaugh, CTP, Vice President Transportation, Mennel Milling Company, Fosteria, OH