For Immediate Release
September 23, 2009
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Recognizes 12 National Driver All-Stars
Arlington, VA – Twelve private fleet truck drivers, who have demonstrated high performance against their peers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service, have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The ceremony took place in conjunction with the group’s National Safety Conference earlier this month.
“These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program this year to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
- Community service
This year's National Driver All-Stars are:
• Daniel Will, ADM Trucking, Inc.
• Charles Jackson, Army and Air Force Exchange Service
• James “Bulldog” Taylor, III, Batesville Casket Company
• Paul Collins, Baxter Healthcare Corp.
• Julius Lewis, CPC Logistics assigned to Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
• Ralph Haynes, CVS Transportation, LLC
• Tim Billings, Frito-Lay, Inc.
• Scott Wittwer, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
• Jamie Haymaker, Marathon Petroleum Company, LLC
• Eric Johnson, NCI Building Systems, Inc.
• Glenn Boll, PV Transport, Inc.
• Joseph A. White, III, Spartan Stores, Inc.
Attending the NPTC National Safety Conference to receive their National Driver All-Stars awards were
(from left) Eric Johnson, James Taylor, Tim Billings, Jamie Haymaker, Paul Collins and Charles Jackson.
About the NPTC
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. NPTC is the premier marketplace of information, networking and skill building for private fleet professionals as it leads in shaping the future of corporate transportation.
# # #