For Immediate Release
September 20, 2013
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Recognizes 26 National Driver All-Stars
HERNDON, VA – Twenty-six private fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standards against their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The award, co-sponsored by International Truck/Navistar, Inc., was presented at a ceremony that took place in conjunction with NPTC’s National Safety Conference, September 12-13, 2013.
“These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
- Community service
This year’s National Driver All-Stars are:
- Michael Anduza, Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Gerald Barth, John Deere, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Gregory Basnight, Walgreen Oshkosh, Inc., Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- William J. Catlett, National Gypsum Company, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Michael Daniels, Castellini Company
- Arthur Erdman, Northwest Food Products Transportation, LLC (Land O’Lakes, Inc.), Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Terry Foy, Moen, Incorporated, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Neil Gillies, Kellogg Company
- Matthew Grammatico, Mondelez International LLC
- Kenneth Grygla, Wal-Mart Transportation LLC
- Barry Harmon, Avery Dennison, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Greg Hladky, Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Earl Lane, North American Pipe Corp., Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Gary Merida, Toyota Quality Parts Express, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Stephen Nolt, WFM Transport, Inc.
- Robert (Tony) Purcell, Contract Transportation System/The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Richard Ringler, CVS/Caremark
- Timothy Ryan, True Value Company, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Michael Schenone, MedTrans LLC
- Darrell Schmit, Orscheln Farm & Home, LLC
- Robert (Wayne) Thornton, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Robert Timmons, Perdue Farms, Inc.
- Johnny R. Trammell, Benjamin Moore & Company, Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Barry Tripp, Hospira, Inc., Assigned by CPC Logistics, Inc.
- Robert Wohleber, Maines Paper & Food Service
- Donald (Todd) Young, Marathon Petroleum Company, LLC
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. With an actively engaged leadership team of Board representatives, member volunteers and staff, NPTC in the past decade has grown significantly to serve a rising professional class of private fleet practitioners meeting the challenges of modern corporate transportation. NPTC is the leading learning resource center, government affairs advocate, and business networking culture for America’s top private fleet and supplier member companies. The Council produces benchmarking, best practices, and economic data reports on the private fleet market; administers the highly regarded Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) training program, and conducts some of the most successful events in the trucking industry including the Annual Conference and Trade Show, the Private Fleet Management Institute, and the National Safety Conference. For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org.