For Immediate Release
May 12, 2008
For Information Contact:
Gary Petty, NPTC
NPTC Elects New Leaders, Board of Directors
Cincinnati, OH – Ron Tartt, CTP, General Manager, Private Fleet for Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC, took his seat as Chair of the National Private Truck Council at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 27-29, 2008 in Cincinnati, OH. He succeeds Harry Haney of Kraft Foods.
Tartt has been with Bridgestone Firestone for more than 34 years. During that time, he has held various positions in warehousing and transportation with both field and corporate experience. He has managed operations in Memphis, Denver, Akron, Chicago, Ontario and Hawaii. In 1995, he moved to Bridgestone Firestone’s corporate headquarters in Nashville in his current assignment. He is responsible for more than 300 tractors, more than 700 trailers and more than 400 drivers delivering tires and auto parts to some 5,000 customers on a weekly basis from seven distribution centers across the US and Canada. In 1997, Tartt received the designation of Certified Transportation Professional (CTP). He has been active with the NPTC Institute, where he served as chairman and is now a member of the board in his capacity as NPTC Chair.
Rick Foster, CDS, Director, Private Fleet Safety for Wal-Mart Transportation LLC in Bentonville, AR was elected Vice Chair/Chair-Elect and Gary Strausbaugh, CTP, Vice President, Transportation for Mennel Milling Company, Fostoria, OH was elected Secretary. Michael P. Parrish, CTP, National Accounts Sales Executive for PACCAR Leasing Company, remains as NPTC Treasurer.
In addition, the Council elected two other members to the Board. They are: Martha Bertrand, Transportation Manager, Spartan Stores, Inc., Plymouth, MI, serving as one of the Heavy Duty Division representatives; and Dan Norris, CTP, Fleet Operations Manager for The Pepsi Bottling Group, Huntington. WV, who is serving as one of the Medium & Light Duty Division representatives
The NPTC Board of Directors includes:
• Chairman of NPTC, Ron D. Tartt, CTP, of Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC
• Vice Chair/Chair-Elect – Rick Foster, CDS, of Wal-Mart Transportation, LLC
• Treasurer – Michael P. Parrish, CTP, of PACCAR Leasing Company
• Secretary Gary L. Strausbaugh, CTP, of Mennell Milling Company is Chair of the NPTC Institute Board of Governors
• Ralph Benson of Sentinel Transportation, LLC is Chair of the Conference Planning Committee
• Martha Bertrand of Spartan Stores is one of the three Heavy Duty Division representatives
• Robert J. Boyich, CTP, of CPC Logistics Inc. is the Allied Small Volume Supplier Division representative
• Richard J. Chavez of Nestle Waters North America is one of the three Heavy Duty Division representatives.
• David R. Ellis of J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is the National Advisory Board – Allied representative
• Tony Jolly, CTP, of General Mills is the Third Party User Division representative
• David T. LaPalomento of International Truck and Engine Corporation is the Allied Large Volume Supplier Division representative
• Donald K. Metcalf of Penske Truck Leasing Company is the Third Party Provider Division representative
• Dan Norris, CTP, of The Pepsi Bottling Group, is one of two Medium & Light Duty Division representatives
• William E. Perry, CTP, CDS, of Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. is one of the two Medium & Light Duty Division representatives
• Mike Pughes, CTP of General Parts, Inc./CARQUEST is Chair of the Legislative and Regulatory Advisory Committee
• Sam Richardson of ADM Trucking, Inc., National Advisory Board – Fleet Representative
• Daniel P. Smith of Smart and Final is Chair of the PR/Marketing Committee
• Greg Whisenant, CTP, of Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is Chair of the Safety Committee
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. NPTC is the premier marketplace of information, networking and skill building for private fleet professionals as it leads in shaping the future of corporate transportation.
# # #